Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Spotting... Hospital... Home... I'm so hot!

last night we went to my parents' house (who live 3 miles away) for dinner and a movie. i camped out on their couch and did my bedrest thing there. around 9pm i noticed a teeny amount of blood when i used the restroom. i was so bummed because i just knew that it meant another hospital stay and i was so getting used to being back home with my hubby and little weiner dog. so off to the hospital we went and all the L&D nurses were like, "you're back??". yeah, yeah, you know me. can't stay away from this place. anyway, they hooked me back up to the monitors and i was having a few small contractions but nothing to be too concerned over. the doc checked me and said i'm still dilated to 3cm, which is good since i haven't had any changes. so they kept an eye on me for a few hours and after a while of nothing happening they sent me home. we got home around 2am. another night of sleeping in my own bed with john beside me and baby safely in my belly. very nice. the reason for the spotting? who knows. maybe a broken capillary or something silly like that. i'm just glad it's another day closer to 34 weeks!

normally, john is a polar bear. he wears shorts and flip flops when i'm bundled up in sweatshirts and blankets. he freezes me out of the house in the summer time and our electric bills are sky high because he loves the house to be as cold as possible. well, i think our bodies switched temperatures because now i'm the one who is always complaining of how HOT i am all the time. we turned off the heat and the house is a comfortable 61 degrees. hahaha. normally i want it around 74ish. nope, not anymore. i'm sitting on the couch in a tanktop and boy shorts and it's perfect. i do have a light blanket on my legs but that's just because i love blankets and have to have one with me when i lay on the couch, even in the summer. i'm glad it's winter right now because i can't imagine how hot i would be if it was 110 degrees outside.

3 comments:

N7 said...

I am getting so tired of hearing this back and forth junk! LOL!!!! I feel SO BAD FOR YOU GUYS!!!! (and for weinner dog who must wonder what is going on) It's like there is always something and you can't catch a smooth break- a nice WEEK with no drama would be a nice change for you and you at least deserve that! Glad it turned out to be nothing but sorry it was something in the first place. That stress is just insane and you literally can't catch a break! Obviously the most important thing is that baby Bennett is healthy and OK and better yet- closer to 34 weeks!!! UNBELIEVABLY HUGE MILESTONE! I have never uncrossed my fingers for you guys but I'm going to add one more thing to my prayer list- that you can at least stay out of that hospital for a full week and relax at home for once with hubby and weiner dog!
Hugs,
Me

- I am so with you on being hot as heck 24 hours a day. it is BRUTAL isn't it?

Shan said...

you are pregnant at the PERFECT time of year...i remember being 6 1/2 months pregnant with kaia in august & it was like 105* & 9 months pregnant with leia in june (not nearly as bad as august was)...still, not fun! i'll also be praying that you make it to 34 weeks at least, so you can get up off your feet a little next week and do some fun stuff out of the house. you deserve it!

Brixie said...

YEAH... so close to 34 weeks!!! I'm so glad you're maintaining without drugs. You needed them, but it's always makes you worry about how it will effect the baby. Or at least I was always worried about that. Maybe I was just a worry wart!

I too was at my biggest in the winter, but I don't remember being hot. Bummer! I so would have loved to get Don Lee back for all those cold nights. Not to mention a cheaper gas bill!

Love ya sweets!
Brix