Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 15, 2008

35 week update

today i had my weekly appt w/ dr. connelly. i started feeling some cramping/contractions early this morning so i knew something was going on before we even got to the doctor. anyway, dr. connelly checked me and said that i am now dilated to almost 4cm. not quite 4, but almost 4cm. i kind of figured since i've had some contractions all week (nothing bad though) and a little bit of spotting. she also said that his head is pretty low and since i can feel him in my ribs a lot, she thinks the baby is going to be tall. i think so too. after all, his daddy is a pretty big guy. after my appt we went over to the NST area and no suprise, i was having contractions. so they sent us over to L&D. they put me on the monitors and i was still contracting so after a while they gave me a shot of terbutaline and immediately the contractions stopped. the terbutaline made me very jittery and nauseous. i didn't like that feeling at all but i was glad that it calmed the contractions down. if it was real labor the shot wouldn't have been able to stop them so they said it was ok for me to go home. but again, they stressed the importance of making sure i am aware of any changes and to come back in if i am having more contractions or start bleeding or leaking fluids.

being almost 4cm dilated scares me a little bit. i feel like the baby is just going to fall out one day. not really, but i think the "real thing" is going to happen soon. we've had so many false alarms. one day it's going to happen for real and we'll have a sweet baby boy to take home. it could be any day or it could be 5 weeks from now. we'll just have to wait and see.

i caught a cold so i'm not in a very good mood. i have a yucky cough and my throat and ears hurt. my voice also comes and goes and it's pretty annoying. i feel weak today so all i'm going to do for the rest of the day is sleep. hopefully it goes away soon. i don't want to be sick when i go into labor. that would totally suck. oh, and i gained 4 lbs. this week. yowza!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Having a cold when you're preggo is the pits! I hope you feel better soon! And I'll keep praying that your little one 'cooks' a bit longer still! :) But how awesome to be 35 weeks!!!