Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

37 week dr. appt update

we saw dr. connelly today for my 37 week appt. how is it possible that i am STILL almost 4cm dilated?? who else on earth goes weeks being almost 4cm dilated without going into labor?? well, she checked me and my cervix has not changed. i can't believe it. she stretched me a little to see if that would help things along so we just have to wait and see what happens. i am having contractions but they aren't consistant and they're not getting any stronger. i am having a little bit of bleeding but i think that's just because she did the stretching. if it gets heavier i will definitely go to the hospital. john has my bags all packed and ready to go. actually, our bags have been packed and ready for a long time. after all, we thought we were going to have this baby back in december! today i saw one of the nurses that took care of me when we were in L&D in december and she was shocked to see how far i've gotten in my pregnancy. she was the nurse that was rooting for me to have a leap year baby. at the time, i thought "oh, we'll NEVER make it to february" but look at us now. here it is almost march and i'm still pregnant. crazy.

oh, i gained another 3lbs. this week. that makes 10 lbs. for the month of february. not what i was going for but to be fair, i haven't really been watching my diet. i've been big on chocolate chip cookies lately. oh, they sound so good right now... the toll house ones, right out of the oven. mmmmmmmm..... back to the weight gain, my doctor says it's probably water weight. i sure hope so (but probably not considering the amount of cookies i've consumed). oh well. i'm not going to deny myself right now!

after the doctor's appt i went to the NST area and i was having contractions but not enough for them to send me to L&D. my fluid level looked good. they said that baby's head is WAAAY far down in my pelvis. no kidding, i could've told you that! :)

i'm sitting on a labor ball as i type this post. partly because it gives my pelvis a little bit of relief and partly because i've heard that it can help with getting labor started. so we'll see. one thing i've learned is that this baby is going to come when he's good and ready. well, mommy's ready when you are, baby. can't wait to meet you!

3 comments:

Shan said...

we can't wait to get the call! we're ready to meet baby too!
love you guys~s

N7 said...

I cannot believe you are to this point! All these months of trying to keep Mr Bennett in and here we are- normal life is back, and your little man is staying put and so is that cervix of yours! And I know how miserable you must be and I am hoping that you are only days away from meeting this little man...if he is far down in your pelvis he is ready to rocket!
Eat the damn cookies- this is the only excuse in life you have to be left alone with like 15 boxes of cookies with no one looking at you like "fat whale"...ENJOY THEM!!!!!
COME ON BABY BENNETT I'M EXCITED TO MEET YOU TOO AND MOMMY IS GETTING MISERABLE! :) Show us what you look like!!!

Kristin said...

I agree with Neenie...eat those cookies and don't stress about the weight! It will come off....all in time! But I know how you feel...I think every preggo mommy feels like a whale, despite how you look to us, which is great! You are beautiful! I hope that this little man of yours decides to come soon! After all that you have been through, it IS amazing that you have made it this far! God is so good, isn't He?! We are anxiously awaiting some big news that you are in labor! :) Take care! By the way, is your hubby better from that icky flu???