Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Spot, spot, spot

what's with all the spotting?? last night i woke up twice with spotting. it's not a lot by any means, it's just a teeny-tiny-itsy-bitsy bit when i wipe after peeing. so i called L&D at 3:51am to ask if i should come in. i'm so well known in L&D now (since i've been there so much) that the nurse was like, "you again??". anyway, she asked me about the amount of blood, my contractions (i wasn't having any), blah, blah, blah, and we decided that i should come in only if the bleeding gets heavier and/or contractions become strong/frequent. at this point they have decided that if i start to go into labor they are not going to try to stop it and will just let me have the baby. since baby is being really active, i've had the steroid shots for his lungs, and i'm further along in my pregnancy now i'm not as worried as i would have been a few weeks ago. this morning all the spotting is gone but i'm still checking everytime i go pee to make sure it doesn't get heavier.

today is superbowl sunday so john and i are going to my in-laws' house to watch the game. we've already claimed the couch so i can "couchrest" there. i could care less about the game but i do like the commercials and i love superbowl food. i know i'm going to be suffering with major heartburn but i don't care. i'm getting my hot wings today. john's parents are making ribs, chicken, salmon, and all of the chips, dips, finger foods, etc. you could ask for on superbowl sunday. i'm sure i'll be napping whenever i'm not eating so it should be a good day. :)

3 comments:

Brixie said...

Enjoy everyday sweetie! Soon you'll be thinking of nothing but nursing, changing diapers, and loving on Baby Bennett.

N7 said...

I wonder what the spotting is? Is it the mucous plug or just cervical irritation? Glad you didnt have to go back to the hospital though but at least you called & they're aware! I hope it doesnt get heavier (even though I would sort of be excited if it meant baby Bennett was on his way I cant help it sorry! LOL!) But the no contractions is an awesome thing and I hope it stays that way-I don't have to tell you how great you've done because I think you know- you are almost through week 34 (hey howd you get ahead of me!?) and you have already been through hell and back- it can only get better from here!!!!!
I am so jealous that you're on couchrest at a Superbowl thingie with dip and yummy food. Thats just plain wrong. :)
ENJOY!!!!

Shan said...

hi kim...i hope you were able to lay around today relaxing, stress free and "spot free". 3 MORE DAYS TO 34 WEEKS. YAY!!! hang on a few more days at least baby boy! :)