Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NST update / Pelvic torture

i just got back from my NST and everything went well. i had some contractions last night but only a couple while i was on the monitor so nothing to worry about there. they didn't check my fluid level today. i guess they'll check it on friday at my next appt.

i have been in horrible pain since saturday. my hips/pelvis hurt so bad that i could cry every time i stand, walk or roll over. if i'm just sitting or laying down it's fine but the second i have to move i feel like i am being tortured. i am moving very slowly these days because every step kills my pelvis. i asked the nurse today what is going on with me and she said it's probably that the baby has moved further down into my pelvis and that my ligaments are loosening and my hips are spreading to prepare for the birth. oh my gosh, it hurts so bad. i had a little crying fit last night because i was in so much pain. i am so ready for baby to be born now. i'm going to see if my doctor will do something to help me (strip my membranes, etc.) when i see her on friday. if i can even last that long.

seems so strange that i am so ready for baby to come now since we have spent the last 3 months doing everything possible to keep baby inside me. tomorrow will be 37 weeks!! can you believe it?? baby will be considered full term TOMORROW! still 3 weeks away from my due date but anything over 37 weeks is considered full term. i am FLOORED that we have gotten to full term. my jaw is on the floor and i am speechless. our prayers have been answered over and over again with this pregnancy. thank God!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh girl! I understand that pelvic pain! I had the same kind of torture with my two pregnancies...and since Ty is a physical therapist, he was able to help some. Turns out the left side of my pelvis was rotated forward and would slip in and out of position so easily, which caused a tremendous amount of pain. Do you have a back/tummy support brace that you can use? It might help do the job that your loosey-goosey ligaments aren't able to do at this point. Helped me a bit. But OUCH! Every step hurts...I understand! I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable! Hang in there!