Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

NST & ultrasound update

last night i was having contractions ALL night long. nothing strong but literally every 5-10 minutes i was having contractions. i got maybe a total of 2 1/2 hours of sleep so i am seriously dragging today. my NST wasn't scheduled until 8am but since i was contracting so much, we decided to bypass the NST and go straight to L&D at 6am. i thought for sure that i would be dilated more after all of the contractions. nope. the doctor says i'm still almost 4cm. they hooked me up to the monitors and i was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. but still, nothing strong enough to change my cervix. so i guess that's a good thing. they said we could go home but to come back if the contractions get stronger or if i start bleeding/leaking fluids. so i'm back at home now and the contractions have slowed down to almost nothing.... go figure.

can somebody please tell me when i am going to have this baby??!!?? i'm trying my best to wait to deliver until at least saturday night since my baby shower is scheduled for saturday afternoon. i would really like to make it to my own baby shower. can't i please have ONE thing normal in this pregnancy like all of the other mommies-to-be? i feel ungrateful even saying that because i am SO VERY GRATEFUL that i was even able to get pregnant when i thought it would never happen, and that i have made it to almost 36 weeks when no one thought i would get past week 26, and that baby bennett is growing and doing so well inside me. all that said, i would like to feel normal for once in this pregnancy.

now, about the ultrasound... first i have to say that i miss dr. montgomery (the perinatologist). the last time i saw him was at my 32 week appt and because baby is doing so well he really doesn't need to have me come in to see him anymore. he is still consulted on my case but since we have come so far in the pregnancy it is ok for me to be seen by just my regular OB. which is fine because i really like my OB, but i do miss his expertise and his very high tech ultrasound equipment. so today's ultrasound was done by an ultrasound technician on a regular ultrasound machine. she was very nice but the quality of the ultrasound was a far cry from what we are used to with dr. montgomery. anyway, none of that really matters because baby looked great. the tech estimated his weight at 6.5 lbs, give or take a pound, so i'm thinking that means somewhere between 5.5 and 6 lbs. he's a big boy! good job, baby. mommy is so proud of you and loves you so much.

i'm going to take a nap now since i am so, so tired. lilo is laying next to me all sound asleep but i'm going to have to wake her up because she stinks really bad. i think one of the neighborhood cats sprayed her in her face. sorta funny, sorta sad at the same time, but gross either way. poor puppy. i'm going to have to wash her face before i can go to sleep because there's no way i can handle that smell.

3 comments:

Brixie said...

Hold'n strong! Hold'n strong! Good job Mommy and Baby B!!!! I really want to see you (Kimmie, not Baby B) on Saturday so both of you just stay put and keep up the good work! Miss you, miss you, miss you!!!!

lala00 said...

Hi,
I just stumbled across your blog after googling "16 week ultrasound" images and I had to stop and read about your pregnancy. I just wanted to say congratulations for making it so far and working so hard to stay pregnant and protect your baby! As the mom of a former 24-weeker who spent 116 days in the hospital, I can promise you all of your sacrifices have paid off in a huge way already even if you can't see it yet. I'm hoping in July I'll have a success story like yours with my second baby. Best wishes for an easy delivery and healthy, beautiful baby.
-Laura

HeatherC said...

Just wanted to see how you were doing and wow! I'm thrilled you have made it so far in this pregnancy. Here's wishing you a quick & uneventful labor & delivery! Hugs...
Shannon's pal Heather Collins :)