Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Official due date: 3/19/08

superbowl couchrest was just as i expected it would be. lots of food, napping, and a little watching the game. i did watch the last quarter which was pretty exciting. but the commercials this year were really dumb. it was nice to sit on someone else's couch though. i'm so glad that both my parents and john's parents live so close to us.

my official due date is now 3/19/08 and my weeks change on wednesdays. i still don't understand why it has changed but the explanation i get is "everyone uses a different wheel so it varies a little bit depending on which wheel is used". well, everyone at kaiser is on the same page now and it has been decided that 3/19 is my due date (instead of 3/22). i wonder how close i'm going to get to that date?? i think baby is going to come sometime in february. one of the nurses is rooting for me to have a leap year baby. i don't think i'm going to get that far, especially with all of the spotting i've had lately. plus, my mom had both my brother and i early (3 & 4 weeks early) so i think i would have gone early anyway even if i didn't have all of this preterm labor/short cervix stuff happening.

tomorrow i go in for my NST (nonstress test) to make sure baby is still doing good. my doctor wants me to do NSTs at least once a week but she may bump that to twice a week depending on how things go. i also have my weekly scheduled appts with my doctor and the next one is thursday. there was some talk a few weeks ago that once i got to 34 weeks i could resume semi-normal activity. i'll find out on thursday if it's true. there are 3 things i want to do: go to church, babies r us, and the movies. i don't think it's too much to ask for and john has already said that he will be wheeling me around in a wheelchair when we go to babies r us. if these 3 things aren't too much for me i may feel bold enough to venture out a bit more. i'm sure i won't be doing cartwheels or anything but the thought of being semi-normal is so exciting! i'm to the point now where i'm looking forward to actually having the baby instead of being scared to death that he is going to come early and something is going to go wrong. it's nice to finally feel this way. :)

6 comments:

Brixie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brixie said...

I can see your beautiful smile as I read your happy words sweetie! Love it! I'm so glad that you've entered a less stressful time in this pregnancy. You've had a hard road and your strength throughout all of it is a sign that you're going to be an awesome mommie!
Love you!
Brix

N7 said...

YAY!!! How sneaky is it that the due dates are all out of whack? Mine changed a lot from the beginning too and I just don't get why or how or what- but who cares my 34 weeks is coming too! :) Anyway- GOOD LUCK on the NST tomorrow! I'm sure everything will go completely fine and hopefully you get to sneak a peek at this lil person in there! And isn't it nice to finally, finally, be happy about baby Bennett coming instead of so terrified? You have jumped waaaaaaaay pver that hump so anything from this point on is ALL GOOD and positive!
And a HUGE OMG to semi normal activity! I didn't know life actually resumed after all this drama! You can go OUT? To CHURCH? MOVIES? THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! You can be like a normal person again (at least for a few hours right?)
What a feeling man- You are kicking bootie left and right and you'll probably hang onto that baby until APRIL! :)

N7 said...

..oh yeah and the commercials were stupid...

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
Congrats on making it this far. Jeff and I have been praying for you and the baby every day. I am so excited to see you and hopefully the baby soon. Connor came 20 days early so if you have the baby early everything will be okay you are doing great!! Keep your spirits up and in the end you will have a handsome baby boy to hold in your arms.
See you soon,
Misty

Stacie said...

Hoping the NST went well...I get nervous when you don't post!

I also hope that semi-normal life will resume on Thursday. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Just remember to forgo any cartwheels or acrobatics when you are released from bed rest. No reason to make your little one come right away if he doesn't need to!