Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 18, 2008

My day

my mother-in-law treated me, my mom, and john's sister to lunch today at the olive garden. it was fun and the food was so good. thanks, anne! afterwards, my mom and i went to the mall so i could buy a new shirt and get a much needed haircut. i just got a trim but the lady cut my bangs too short. i hate that. i hope they grow back quickly. oh well, too late now to do anything about it. i also got my eyebrows and upper lip "threaded" -- something i've always wanted to have done but never have until now. it was quick and i would definitely have it done again but my eyes were tearing up so bad when she was doing my upper lip! i was embarassed. no one else's eyes were leaking massive amounts of tears. i must be a wuss. so that was my day of beauty. my split ends are gone, my eyebrows are nicely shaped and my upper lip is smooth. i'm so exhausted.

this morning after i got out of the shower i had one of the pulsating lower back attacks that literally dropped me to the ground in pain. i was on the ground moaning and groaning in pain. my dog just looked at me like i was crazy. man, those attacks hurt. if that's at all what labor is like i'm signing up for an epidural right now. i can't even describe how bad it hurts. it hurts sooooo baaaaaddd.

i had some contractions today and a little bit of spotting last night. i'm probably dilating more. how much more can i dilate before going into full-on labor?? i called john at work today and he answered with, not 'hello', or 'hi babe', but with a semi-panicked "do i need to take you to the hospital?". so we're both thinking it's going to happen any day now. thank God that i'm almost 36 weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you, God!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

My daughter is almost 30 weeks pregnant and I wanted information on procardia and your blog came up. I have read a lot of your enteries and so much sounds like the same things they have been going through. The day she found out she was pregnant she had bleeding. About a month later she had heavier bleeding while at work as a nurse so they took her to the ER and the ultra sound showed that everything was fine. Things calmed down for about another month and then lighter bleeding again. Nothing else happened until almost 27 weeks when she woke up during a nap before work to very heavy bleeding. They think the placenta detached partially from the uterus but nothng showed on the ultrasound. They took her by helicopter to the closest neonatal hospital. The started her on mag. They kept her for a week and changed her to the procardia and the contractions did calm down. She is on bedrest. Last Thursday she started having contractions again and spent the night in the hospital. They increased her procardia and once again things calmed down. We are praying to get to 36 weeks. Her due date is May 1st. She is doing very well with the bedrest. I would be nuts by now. When her husband is at work and now that I am retired I stay with her the rest of the time. We don't leave her alone at all after the last bleeding episode.

I want to wish you well and may God keep his arms around you. We have had so many prayers from our church family-it helps so much! Grandma