Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

34 weeks!

we made it! 34 weeks. i can't believe we actually made it to 34 weeks. i feel like i've crossed the finish line although i know i still have a lot ahead of me. at 26 weeks when i was admitted into the hospital it seemed like it was impossible to stay pregnant long enough to get to 34 weeks. and now we're here. 34 weeks. thank God for 34 weeks.

my best friend, kayla, and her son, elijah, came by to visit last night. we've been best friends since we were 15 years old. i don't know what i'd do without her friendship. i love you, kayla!

my wonderful friend brixie came by today and brought me a scrumptious lunch and my favorite dessert (yellow cupcakes w/ chocolate frosting). she also gave us some adorable presents for baby bennett. thanks, brix! it was great seeing you and BL! love you both!

we've been blessed with such great friends and family that have shown us so much love and support throughout this pregnancy. i have to say a big thank you to all of them (you know who you are!). we've had so many visitors at home and while we were in the hospital, lots of yummy meals brought to us, enough flowers to fill a florist, baby clothes, blankets (thanks, lisa!), cards, emails, phone calls, text messages, and lots of prayers for our little baby bennett. thank you all so much. we love each and every one of you.

i cannot forget to say a HUGE thank you to our families: mom, dad, derek, shannon, kaia, leia, grandma, anne, john, elizabeth, tim, justice. i don't know what we'd ever do without you. we love you all so much. baby bennett is very lucky to be entering into a family with so much love to share. we love you all more than words could ever say.

tomorrow is my next doctor's appt. 34 weeks.... we made it!

8 comments:

Shan said...

congratulations!!! it is HUGE that you made it this far with baby bennett still inside you (he must've realized that it's pretty comfy in there! ) :) so, i guess you'll find out tomorrow if you're free to start doing a little bit of stuff outside of the house. i'm excited for you and john that you might be able to go out & do some stuff together before baby gets here. love you guys too~s

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you it is a huge milestone to have reached. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and that baby bennett is doing great. Can't wait to see ya. Have a great day!!!!

N7 said...

HAPPY 34 WEEKS!!! YOU DID IT YOU MADE IT BABY BENNETT IS STILL INSIDE AND YOU ARE OFFICIALLY 34 WEEKS THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Now you can FINALLY be EXCITED about delivery and contractions instead of scared and desperate to stop them :)
I can't say it in words- I'm going to go run into the hallway and do some acrobatic something (haven't quite thought of which move yet)
YAY!!!!
This is huger than huge. The hugest of huge.
Good luck at the appt tomorrow!!!

Brixie said...

Anytime sweetie! It was so great seeing you today. You look so beautiful. Congrats and love you!

Kristin said...

Congratulations!!!! Yay for 34 weeks!!! To be on bedrest THIS long....you are amazingly strong! Here's to (hopefully) a few weeks of normalcy!!
:) Kristin and Ty

Stacie said...

Happy 34! You did it! Congrats on a job well done!

Good luck at tomorrow's appointment. Don't forget to update!

Melody said...

Hi there, I first wanted to tell you congratulations! I am not sure how I came across your blog but it really hit home for me. I have had 2 very difficult pregnancies in the last 2 years. The first one I went into labor at 24 weeks and my son was born at 25.2 and he only lived for 3 days in the NICU. I was devestated and then when I found out I was expecting again 7 months later I experienced bedrest, contractions, weekly US, progesterone shots, a terbutaline pump, home uterine monitoring, and multiple L and D visits! It was crazy but now that I have my daughter home with me it was all worth it. She is such a blessing and I would do it again 10fold. Bedrest was so hard but with my wonderful family and husband I was able to get through it. I am so glad you have reached 34 weeks. That is so wonderful and I know it must feel like a weight has been lifted. Here's to hopefully another few weeks with that baby in your belly.

Melody
www.gettingreadyforbabyburchett.blogspot.com

SP said...

Well done on getting this far! We are also getting there, with only 42 days to go! Good luck and please update us! All the best!