Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 27, 2008

She's all hooked up!



Hey guys, it's Shannon again. So, here's the latest...we went to the hospital tonight to see Kim & John & got their video camera, so we could update her blog with this video that John took. As you can see, Kim's on oxygen...she was having shortness of breath (i believe they said that's due to the fact that she's not able to sit up and it's hard for her to take a full, big breathe as well as the amount of i.v. fluids she's been having). The oxygen mask will help the oxygenation in her lungs since she had a low oxygen percentage (it got down to 94% which isn't real serious but could have been if it got much lower). That as well as the amount of i.v. fluid she's been getting has caused her to have a little fluid in her lungs. They've taken her off constant i.v. fluids and they've stopped giving her Procardia for now...which means if contractions start, they're just gonna let them keep going & see what happens. Hopefully doing this helps the fluid in her lungs clear up. I guess we'll see how things are going tomorrow. For those of you who pray, please say a prayer for them & i'll update again soon! thanks~s

3 comments:

N7 said...

OMG I have not stopped praying for you since I stumbled across your blog- oxygen or not Kim- you are dong SO WELL! You are all hooked up and monitored and in the best place. Glad youre off the iv though- it helps the pee situation! i've been on it straight for over a week and am up every 30 minutes to pee (yuck)
I know I am a stranger to you in blogland but we have given such support to each other and I am a constant clicker waiting for updates- I am thrilled that you have come this far and thrilled that everything is under control! Thank you for the updates Shannon and keep them coming!
You guys will not leave my prayers so stay strong and be positive!

Kristin said...

Hi Kim,
I'm Kris, Ty from Cardinal's wife. He was sharing your blog and a bit of your story with me tonight and I just wanted to send you a quick message of encouragement. I still have yet to read through your blog entries to fully understand your situation (why you are on bedrest, etc) but I just wanted you to know that God is so faithful!! He is the Great Physician and His hand is cradling your precious baby right now. Our son Luke was born at 31w, 3 d due to my sudden severe onset pre-eclampsia. It was a precarious and scary time for us, just as I'm sure it is for you and your husband right now too. But the fact that you've surpassed 32 weeks is FANTASTIC! You're little miracle will do so well, once he makes his big debute! Please know that we will be praying for you and the baby! If you ever feel like chatting or anything, you can email me at kmclaughlin25@yahoo.com or check out our blog. Hang in there! You are amazing!!!
Sending you (((hugs)))
Kris and Ty McLaughlin

Stacie said...

Kim, I am sending good thoughts your way. I pray that your little one will stay in for as long as safely possible and then delivers quickly without any problems when he/she decides it is time!

I wanted to add that it is really neat to see on the video that you are in good spirits. I know you must be so uncomfortable, but it was great to see you smiling through your mask. You are amazing!