Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Baby Bennett's Room




disclaimer: these pictures do not do the room justice. it's so much cuter in person. we went with a baby jungle theme. we found a really cute bedding set (you can't really see it in these pics but trust me, it's cute) and based the rest of the room around the animals from the bedding. my super-talented sister-in-law, shannon, painted the adorable animals on the walls. i love they way they turned out! THANKS SHANNON! (i still think you could earn a living doing this sort of stuff!) john, along with the help of my dad, shannon and my mother-in-law painted the walls and shelves. john HATES painting with a passion so their help was greatly appreciated. :)
we are so lucky because everything in this room was a hand-me-down so we didn't have to spend a ton of money on baby furniture. the shelves were once my grandma's, the toybox (the thing between the shelves) was john's when he was little, the changing table and rocking chair/glider (not pictured) were used by my neices (kaia & leia - derek & shannon's girls), the crib belonged to my other neice (justice - john's sister elizabeth's daughter) and the dresser (not pictured) used to belong to john's dad when he was growing up. pretty cool, huh?
we've still got a few things left to do but we (hopefully) have some time before baby arrives. remember, my goal is to make it to march! i'm really happy with the way the room turned out and i think baby will love it too! :)

4 comments:

Shan said...

you're very welcome! i'm glad you guys like the animals...it was fun to do. anything for my nephew :). the room looks great! love ya~s

Brixie said...

Sooooo cute! Shannon, you did a wonderful job!!!

N7 said...

Oh Shannon...can you swing by my place and do my baby's nursery too? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????????? What a gorgeous room and an adorable theme!!!!
Baby Bennett is gonna love this!!!
Whats the name of the bedding theme? SO CUTE!!!!!

folding bed said...

Love your blog... Thanks for sharing.
platform beds