Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Due date and ramblings

after we got a positive pregnancy test result but before my first OB appt i went online to find out my due date. based on the first day of my last period the website i went to said that my due date was march 20th. my OB said it was march 22nd. then several weeks ago another doc told me that it was march 19th. it seems to me that it should be a no-brainer since i was doing all the infertility stuff and i know the exact dates for my last period (june 14th) and IUI (june 27th). i guess it really doesn't matter though since the chances of baby arriving on that day are slim to none. my doc says that i will almost most definitely deliver early, just how early is the big question. my goal is to get to at least march 1st. think i can do it? i really hope so. it seems so far away.
i'm still feeling pretty positive about everything. i just feel bad for john since he has to do pretty much everything for me. he's got so much on his plate these days and even though i know he doesn't mind doing it, i wish i could do more around here to help out. i know i have a very important job doing the best i can to keep baby inside me but sometimes i feel so useless. but i know it could be worse. i'm so thankful to be in the position i'm in - even if i wish my situation was different.

1 comment:

N7 said...

my due date flopped around also- my IUI was 7/2/07 so you very well may be a week ahead of that 3/22 date! And miss....don't feel useless- I know what you mean by it, but you are doing something more important than anyone else in the world- incubating that baby! And you're doing a great job at it! You have come so far and there isn't much more to go so hang on tight. Plan a HUGE 32 week bash!!! Dancers, food, music- everything- go all out!
And you better invite me :)