Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lump (**updated**)

**UPDATED AT BOTTOM**

i have a lump in my left breast. it's hard and is the size of a small marble. i thought it was a clogged milk duct but my doctor says it's not. she says it's probably a cyst, but she wants me to get checked out by the breast clinic to be on the safe side. i have an appointment next monday.

suprisingly, i'm not freaking out about it (at least not yet). i've never had a mammogram before and i've heard that they can be painful. i'm not really worried about that either, though. i think it will be ok. if it ends up being worse than a cyst, then i'll just have to deal with it. whatever i need to do to stay healthy. john needs me. caleb needs me. i need them.

i get sad whenever i am holding caleb and he is nursing. i think about what it will mean to him and john if i get sick. i don't think it's cancer but then again, does anyone really ever think it is? i don't know.

let God's will be done, whatever it is.

*** UPDATE: thank you so much for everyone's comments and prayers. nothing new to report yet but john talked to one of his buddies who's wife had lumps in her breasts after each of her 4 pregnancies. in her case, the lumps were cysts and she was given antibiotics and the cysts went away. hopefully it will be the same way for me. i will post again after my appt on monday. wish me luck!!***

9 comments:

Brixie said...

There is nothing I could say to make you feel better and that just sucks! As always, you're in our prayers girl! Hugs!!!!!

Shan said...

we're praying that it's nothing...let us know if you need anything monday.
we love you, shan

N7 said...

omg Kim- I am so sorry you have to go through this. I pray to God that it's nothing but an annoying little cyst or clogged milk duct. Your attitude is amazing though and I admire you for that :) What a cool and collected lady you are!!!!! That always helps stressful situations more bearable- good luck & let us know how you do!
xoxoxo

Kelly said...

We are praying for you and also for your doctors--praying for quick and accurate diagnosis and also praying that it is nothing to worry about. :hugs:

Whittaker Woman said...

Praying. H

Kristin said...

Oh dear! I will begin praying for it to be nothing more than a cyst and that God's peace continue to surround you!

Stacie said...

You have an amazing spirit! Praying that this is a cyst and all is well. Hugs to you.

ME Gregory said...

Kim - will be thinking of you and praying all is fine. You are so amazing and a great Mommy! keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me. I have been following your blog since I got pregnant. Praying for you, God loves you.