Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 1, 2008

5 months old!

can you believe it? my baby is 5 months old!! how did he get to be 5 months old already?? he's rolling over like a pro now and soon he'll be crawling, then walking, and before i know it he'll be driving a car and moving away to go to college! ok, i'm being a bit dramatic but seriously, where did my little baby go? he's a big boy now!

this picture was taken yesterday at story time. he was supposed to be eating at the time but he has so much fun listening to and watching everything that's going on that he just can't be bothered with something like eating. he was doing everything he could to get out from under the hooter hider. as you can see, he won the battle and ate later when he was good and ready to. you can't blame him though. after all, it was storytime not eating-time!

so.... i haven't had a period since early june. no, i'm not pregnant. john insisted that i take a test and it was negative. i KNEW i wasn't pregnant. a lot of women don't get their period when they are nursing and besides that, i'm on the mini-pill. i didn't even get my period after caleb was born UNTIL i started on the pill and it was really light so i just figured that i'm one of those women that don't get their period while nursing. but it is still weird to not have one. even though i knew i wasn't pregnant i was a teeny bit sad not to see a line show up on the pregnancy test. in my head i know that it's too soon to have another baby. but i would love to have a daughter or another little boy some day. if the test had been positive, i would have been very happy and excited but extremely terrified that i would have to be on bedrest again/wouldn't be able to take care of caleb/not be able to carry the baby to term/lose the baby/etc./etc./etc.... but all that aside, i would love it if i could be one of those women who get pregnant without trying and have a normal pregnancy. i know that will never be me though. one day we'll have a little brother or sister for caleb. how we go about getting that to happen is the big question. i don't think i'd ever do infertility treatments again. we're definitely open to the possibility of adoption. john doesn't want me to ever get pregnant again since the last time was so hard on both of us. he said that when they wheeled me away to have the emergency c-section, he thought he was going to lose both me and caleb and that it was the scariest moment of his life. so i can understand why he feels that way. we decided that we won't make any decisions about it until caleb is a year old. maybe at that point we'll start trying to get pregnant again or start the adoption process or maybe we'll have a different plan altogether. for now, i am so blessed to be caleb's mommy and i'm happier now than i've ever been in my whole life. he is amazing and i thank God for him every day.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Where has the time gone?! He is so big and so cute. 5-6 months is my absolute favorite age!

After Keilah, my fertility did not come back until I was 6-7 months postpartum. I think most women see it return when baby starts eating more solids and nursing less.

God has a perfect plan for you and your family. I know you and John will be blessed beyond measure with whatever God has instore for you guys.

Brixie said...

Big, old man! Happy 5 months Caleb. Brixie Lee has been asking about you so we're going to have to get together soon.

My fertility came back at 11 months, but that was just fine with me! I think I only had 2 periods before the last miscarriage and then one period before this pregnancy. I don't even really know what they are like anymore. Not that I'm complaining! :)

Shan said...

we love that little 5 month-er so much. he is such a happy baby & SO adorable.
God absolutely has a plan for your lives and kim, whether you have another baby in your tummy one day or adopt, God will bless you guys with the baby that's meant to be part of your family.
you guys are a beautiful family & you and john are wonderful parents & i can tell that you make caleb just as happy as he makes you guys.

HeatherC said...

He is so darn cute!!!!!!

Kristin said...

That picture of him is so, so sweet! The pure joy of a giggle on his face! I LOVE it! Can it be that he is already 5 months?! Don't you just wish you could press pause for awhile?

I empathize with all that you wrote about getting pregnant again and the fear. We did not struggle as you did to become pregnant, but Ty had those very same words come from his mouth about how he felt when he saw me wheeled away for my c-section with Luke. Those were scary times.

You are such a wonderful Mommy and I'm certain that the Lord will bless you with another beautiful child in one fashion or another in the time to come! As I'm sure you are, be sensitive to His callings, and He will pour out His wonderful blessings upon your family!

N7 said...

omg kim I know EXACTLY how you feel- relieved yet a teeny bit disappointed. So many emotions to deal with...