Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My pelvis... again

on our way out to my birthday dinner i quickly tried to fill the cat's food dish on the porch. i squatted down and lost my balance and fell on my butt. i started laughing at first because it was funny but then it hit me that my incision was burning so my laughter turned to tears. nothing is wrong with it but it hurt for the rest of the night. now, two days later, my pelvis is hurting again. not as bad as the insane pelvic pain i had for a week before giving birth, but it's the same type of pain. my theory is that the fall jolted my pelvis and caused it to be misaligned again. i'm hoping that as my ligaments get stronger they will pull everything back into place and the pain will go away. i look rediculous when i walk. first of all, i walk at a snail's pace and second, my legs are spread so far apart it looks like i just got off a horse. i can't believe i fell. who falls anymore? i can't wait to heal completely from the c-section. i have no balance and no strength anymore. i'm not allowed to pick anything up that's over 15 lbs. and if i try to pick up anything heavier than the baby i feel like i'm going to tip over. i'm supposed to see my doctor in a couple weeks. hopefully i'll be back to my old self by then.

1 comment:

Brixie said...

Give yourself some more time to heal. A c-section is MAJOR abdominal surgery. You also had more issues that are making this more complicated. This time will pass and you'll be able to gain your strength back, but for now focus on resting. With my textbook c-section I still wasn't walking right for months. When you see your doctor, ask if there are any muscle groups that you should be focusing on in the bringing and if you should steer clear of any. This will really help you when you're able to start Stroller Strides. Let me know if you want to go for a "short" walk and we'll be there!

Love you!
Brix