Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First day alone

yesterday was the first day that caleb and i were alone all day without john or my mom to help out. things went very well and we survived. caleb was very good and even gave me a chance to pay bills and take a shower! i put him in his bouncer seat in the bathroom while i showered so i could keep an eye on him and he slept though the whole thing. he's such a good baby.

he sleeps great during the day but nights are a different story. it's getting better though. he has trained me to sleep on the couch recliner with him on my chest. he isn't interested in sleeping in his bassinet for longer than an hour or so. so john gets our big king sized bed all to himself on the weekdays (normally we never sleep apart but that was before caleb came and became the one in charge around here). last weekend john slept on the couch with us. even lilo came out to the couch to sleep. it's a good thing we have a very large, comfy couch that's big enough to fit all of us!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

That first day alone is always a little nerve wracking! I'm glad to hear that it went well, but sorry to hear about the rough nights! Those are some of the loneliest nights EVER, when you are up with a sleepless child and you are so exhausted yourself! I remember how isolating those wee hours of a sleepless night felt! Hang in there! He will be sleeping better before you know it! It DOES get better, I promise! :)

Stephanie said...

One piece of advise that I still use, and the twins are almost 3 is that when they sleep you sleep. I take 3 hour naps with them when I can and I know there are usually 1000 other things to do but sleep is very important no matter when it comes.
Take care and catch up on some sleep.
Steph

Rosemean said...

Happy birthday kim!

Shan said...

i'm still so impressed that you got a shower AND bills paid.
hey, you know me, however you and the baby are able to get sleep at the same time at night...do it!!! (this is coming form the parents who let our babies sleep with us most nights until they were about 1, and still do now and then) :).

Brixie said...

Did you get your 31 flavors? Hehehehe!

Ditto on all the other sleep comments. I think the first 3 months were a bit fuzzy for me, but I think that's true for most mommies. You have the rest of your life to "get it all done," so right now you can just focus on Baby B and you!

Enjoy! Love, Brix