Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bed Rest

i saw dr. montgomery yesterday so he could check on the baby's development to make sure everything is still going well. the good news is that the baby looks great. all of his organs and parts are in tact and where they should be. the ultrasound looked perfect and he is a beautiful baby, if i do say so myself. i love him so much already.
the bad news... my cervix has shortened to the point where the doctor is concerned i will go into preterm labor soon. my doctor wants me to carry the baby through the next two weeks for sure, and then if possible, make it to the 32 week point. at that point, the baby will be far enough along to have a good chance at survival without having severe lifelong health problems. he put me on bed rest and is bringing me back in for a Fetal Fibronectin (FFN) test on thursday. that test will tell him if i am at risk of going into labor within the next week or two. if i am, he will admit me to the hospital and give me steroids to help the baby's lung development along in case the baby arrives. if the test shows i'm not at risk of going into labor within the next week or two, then he will most likely put me on medications and keep me on bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy.
i'm so scared. i love this baby so much and have wanted him for so long. i pray that he is healthy and that i'm able to carry him to term.

3 comments:

Shan said...

i'm in continual prayer for you three. we already love that little baby too & we can't wait to meet him, but we CAN wait a few more week or months! love you guys.~S

Brixie said...

Hang in there girlie. The best thing you can do right now is EXACTLY what your doc says. Bed rest is hard, but the doc wouldn't order it if it wasn't really important. Call me when you have time to chat! Love & Prayers

Gwen said...

Hi Kim,

I am so happy to hear the baby is doing great, I am sorry to hear you have to be on bed rest we are going to miss you in the office. Do you need anything? Do you need me to bring a meal to you guys or anything, you name it. I love that baby already he is so special! My family and I would love to help you out. Your family is in our prayers.

Love ya gurrlie,
Gwen