Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 1, 2009

11 months old!

Caleb is officially one month away from being a 1 year old! I can't believe it. My baby is no longer a baby anymore. He is such a big boy. His walking skills improve every day although he still prefers to crawl since he's so much faster at it. Today he walked across the living room all by himself. He can walk around the house/park/anywhere while only holding onto my pinky finger so I know he could walk more if he wanted to. He just needs the confidence to let go and walk on his own.

Caleb is a dancing baby. He has discovered his love of music and notices it now. He dances along by clapping, moving his legs and waving his arms. It's really cute.

He still doesn't sleep though the night! He wakes up at least once, sometimes twice, a night. I haven't had a good night sleep in a year. I try to let him cry it out but he stands up in his crib and jumps up and down screaming at the top of his lungs. It's impossible to ignore and it wakes up John (who has to wake up at 5am for work). I know it's not the ideal situation, but lately I've been letting him cry for 30 minutes and then I go and lay in his crib with him. We both get to sleep right away and then when I wake up I go back to my bed. I don't feed him in the middle of the night and I know he's not hungry, he's just waking up because he wants me to come get him. I'm trying to avoid having him sleep in bed with us so sometimes my going to sleep in his crib is the best option. A while back we were making progress with him crying it out but there was a major setback when he got sick and had ear infections. I'm going to try letting him cry it out again. I'd really love it if he slept through the night by his first birthday.

We're going to have a small birthday party for him at our house. Mostly family and a few friends. I'm still not sure on the theme or if we'll have a theme at all. I'm kind of looking around at cute and inexpensive ideas that work for a 1st birthday party. I can't wait to see him shoving his face with birthday cake and making a huge mess! He had a small taste of cupcake today and loved it (huge shocker) so I know he'll love his very own birthday cake!

HAPPY 11 MONTH BIRTHDAY, CALEB!! MOMMY LOVES YOU!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I can't believe he is already 11 months old. He is growing up so fast. Connor didn't sleep through the night completly till he was a little over 12 months, every once in a while he will still wake up night, but tends to put himself back to sleep. It will happen trust me. But for us I will be once again sleep deprived here in about 3 months.

Shan said...

happy 11 months baby. let's make this month go really slow...i can't believe you're almost one! i know your mama's not ready for you to be walking, but i have to say you look SOOO cute doing it. :)
we love you caleb!

N7 said...

He's WALKING? OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! You HAVE to post a video of him dancing and clapping! :) No more of those crying videos that make ME cry :)
I so know your situation with the sleep Kim. Wow...only I don't fit in Swim's crib- he comes in our bed! You go IN the crib??? OK tell hubby to snap and post a pic of THAT too! lol!

ME Gregory said...

It's going so fast - i can't believe you are planning the 1 year party - seems like he was just born. That is so cute about the walking. Sorry to hear about sleeping - we are really lucky in that department. and I can't imagine getting in the crib - I'm 5'9" - I'm lucky if I could get half of me in there! I agree with Neenie - video his dancing that would be cute!

Brixie said...

I can't wait to see those walking feet for myself Caleb! Hopefully Mommy and I will get you and the girls together as soon as the rains clear! Hugs and kisses kiddo! Happy 11 months!