Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 1, 2008

He's 2 months old!

today is caleb's 2 month birthday. i can't believe he is already 2 months old! he's been holding his head up for a while now, making eye contact, recognizing faces, smiling and "talking" a lot! he's so much fun. i love being his mommy.

i went to my first Stroller Strides class today and it kicked my butt but i loved it! my friend Brixie is an instructor in her area's Stroller Strides group and she really enjoys it (and she is in great shape because of it!) so i decided to try it out. she even drove all the way out here to attend my first class with me. she's such a great friend, huh? THANKS SO MUCH BRIX!! it was a great workout!

even though i trailed behind the group at times, i was suprised that i was able to do as much as i did since i had basically zero activity on bedrest and it took forever for me to feel better after the c-section. i still have some pelvic pain and i definitely felt it today during class but i pushed through it. hopefully as i get stronger the pain will lessen gradually. it was good to get out in the fresh air and caleb seemed to enjoy it too.

happy 2 month birthday, caleb! mommy loves you soooooo BIG!

2 comments:

Brixie said...

GREAT JOB MOMMY!!! You rocked out there today! PLEEEEEASE keep in mind that you don't have to push yourself too hard. Always, always, always take it to your level and you'll build up your strength before you know it.

With my instructor hat on... I really recommend that you see your primary and try to get a referral for some physical therapy. An educated professional is always going to be your best bet at healing faster. He/she can give you some great advice on what you can do to strengthen and stretch the right muscles. I can't say this enough and hopefully the rest of your family and friend will join in my encouragement!

Love you sooooo BIG Kimmie!

Now Caleb... you were such a goooooood boy in class today. Keep up the good work kiddo and I'm so glad you had such a great 2-month birthday! Love ya kiddo!

Unknown said...

Happy 2nd Month B-day Caleb!! He is getting so big!!! Hang in there Kim, I know that with time everything will heal just right. Have a great week.