Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 17, 2008

April Fool's

caleb played a late april fool's day joke on me. remember how i said he slept for 5 1/2 hours straight? i got so excited because i thought that maybe we were on our way to sleeping through the night. HA! april fool's! the 5 1/2 hour block of sleep has only happened once. last night he fell asleep at around 9:00, i got to sleep at 10pm, we were awake again at 11pm to eat and poop (him, not me), asleep by midnight, awake at 2:45am to eat again, asleep at 4am, awake at 5am to poop and "snack" on the boob, asleep at 6am-ish, and awake at 8:30am. needless to say, i am exhausted!

no, i'm not complaining... i'd wake up 20 times a night if he needed me to. not every night is like this. most nights we get a 3-4 hour block of sleep and then another 2-3 hour block. so it's not that bad. the broken sleep is hard though so i try to take at least one nap during the day.

i see my doctor tomorrow so she can check how well i've healed. my pelvis is still an issue but it's not a constant pain. i expect her to say that it will get better over time. at least that's what i hope she'll say. it would really suck if i had this issue forever. we'll just have to wait and see.

caleb has a follow up head ultrasound on wednesday. the doctor said that after he was born his head felt "crackly" which could be a sign that his scull was fractured from the trama of the birth. they did an x-ray and there weren't any fractures but they wanted to also make sure there wasn't any bleeding in his brain. they gave him an ultrasound before we were discharged from the hospital and that ultrasound looked good. just to make sure though, they want to do a follow up next week. i don't think that anything is wrong but it is reassuring that they are going to check again. after the ultrasound he has another appt with the NICU doctor to check on his progress. so it looks like next wednesday is going to be a big day. i hope we get lots of sleep the night before!

3 comments:

Brixie said...

Sneaky little man!

It will get better. I really hope your doctor gives you the go-ahead for moderate exercise so you can start Stroller Strides. Brixie Lee started sleeping through the night within two days of starting SS's! Most of the other moms experienced the same thing and told me that it was because we were getting out in the sunshine everyday and building a routine. I really hope the same will happen for you two/too (either way)!

Oh, I'm not really sure when, but at one point I was soooo tired that I didn't get to BL right away and much to my surprise she went back to sleep after about 10 minutes. I always new she wasn't starving because she was always WAAAAAAAY up there on the growth scale. It still seems a bit early for that for you two, but it's something you might want to try later.

Be sure to let us know how your appt goes tomorrow!

Love ya,
Brix

Kristin said...

Those sleepless nights are hard! And it you want to complain, it really is okay! You have that right! No one knows how tough those long weeks of no rest are until you've gone through it! Hang in there! You have such a great attitude! It WILL get better...I promise!
I hope everything goes well with the ultrasound! I'm glad your doctor is being thorough!

Unknown said...

It will get better with time. Connor would be up all night eating and I had no sleep. It was the hardest thing to explain to people because they didn't know what I was going through. When he was able to go on a bottle it was great because Jeff started to get up with him so I could sleep. Connor still doesn't sleep through the night yet, but he has gotten to the point of 5 hours then all I have to do is give him a bottle and he drinks it on his own and goes back to sleep when he is done. That is the best.
Hope you get some sleep soon and remember its okay to sleep when he does, the work will eventually get done. Just enjoy this time you will never get it back.