Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

5 1/2 hours!

last night caleb slept from 11:30pm all the way to 5am! that means that i got a 5 1/2 hour block of sleep! he sleeps right next to me in a bassinet so i wake up to every little noise he makes throughout the night. but last night there were no noises until 5am. i woke up several times on my own just so i could make sure he was breathing and he was fine so i quickly went right back to sleep. 5 1/2 hours! wow. i hope he does it again tonight.

today i took caleb to my work so he could meet all of my work buddies. it was good to see everyone. i really do work with a great group of people. the last time i was there was december 3rd when my doctor put me on bedrest for the duration of my pregnancy. it seems like so long ago but at the same time it feels like just yesterday. even though i got some sleep last night i still needed a nap when we got home.

i look at caleb now and wonder how did 5 weeks go by so fast? how is it possible that he has grown so much in a blink of an eye? everyone always says how fast babies grow and i understand what they mean now. he literally changes every day... and i love him more and more every day.

2 comments:

Brixie said...

5 1/2 hours! That's awesome! I remember the first time Brixie Lee did that. We were in Bakersfield for the first time and it totally freaked me out. I went to sleep and didn't wake up the entire time. When I did get up I just knew that she would be "gone" when I got over to her crib. Hopefully this means he'll be a rockstar sleeper for you!

I'm so glad you were able to make it into work... but not for work! You must really be feeling better! Let me know when you feel up to walking over to your community park!

Love ya!
Brix

Shan said...

wow...that's great! i remember the first time the girls slept for longer than usual, i woke up thinking for sure that something was wrong too (like brixie). such a weird, but good, feeling to get semi-decent sleep. keep it up baby caleb! :)