Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hold My Rock

Caleb loves rocks. He totally loves 'em. As I was following him around on Sunday morning, I watched him as he collected 3 perfect rocks. Large, round, oval, smooth rocks. He carefully held them to his chest as he played, ran and jumped in the puddles. It was time to climb the stairs and he needed at least one of his hands to hold on to the rail. He turns to me and places one of the lovely rocks in my palm....

"Hold my rock", he says.

"Ok, baby, I'll hold it", I say. I am so proud of him. I can't wait to see who he becomes. I love watching him learn and grow and love.

My baby. No longer a baby.

My big boy.

1 comment:

N7 said...

omg I want to cry- I know the feeling. So sad but so proud! HOLD MY ROCK???? I would have burst into tears right there and been like WHAT???? DID YOU JUST SPEAK IN A COMPLETE SENTENCE TO ME!?? HOW DARE YOU! lol! Aw Kim he is getting is big and he is such an angel. Such a blessing and it's so hard to let go of that baby- it only lasts a few months and it's sort of unfair to us moms!