Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm an Iron Girl!

I participated in the Iron Girl 5K in Del Mar yesterday! It was so much fun. I did it in 34 minutes, 11 seconds and finished in 537th place. I'm pretty proud of myself considering that if you had asked me 5 years ago if I'd thought I'd be running in any race of any kind I would have laughed in your face! I got a finisher medal and I love it! look at my medal.. it's so purdy.

My friend Lisa and her daughter Alexis did it with me so we are all Iron Girls! This was us before the race. Feeling a little nervous but excited too.

This was sometime during mile 2. I took this picture of myself when I needed a walking break. I really, really needed that break as you can tell by the look on my face.

This is me and Lisa showing off our medals! Woo hoo!

Lisa and Alexis (aka Lucky) after the race. They both did really good. Lucky did it in 27 minutes and Lisa did it in 37. Great job, girls!
Next year I'm going to actually train and try to beat my time. I didn't do any training for this race (other than Stroller Strides) so next year.. WATCH OUT Iron Girls! I'll be back!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Way to go, Kim! That is a HUGE accomplishment (said while sitting on the couch eating a chocolate bar :-) )!!!

ME Gregory said...

That's awesome - good for you! I'm sure Stroller Strides made a difference though, it's a great workout! we still go 3x a week.

Kelly said...

Great job! What a great thing to accomplish!

Brixie said...

You rock mama! I knew you would do great!

N7 said...

CONGRATS IRON GIRL!!! That is so awesome! I'm gonna put a poster of you on my wall now or send you into the Wheaties people to get your pic on a box! omg Imagine? HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?? :)
Caleb must be so proud of mommy!!!!