Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day 2009!

My two favorite guys! I love them both with all of my heart! This is Caleb sporting his "My Dad is Awesome" shirt. :)

Happy Daddy's Day!! Caleb has the best daddy in the world. John woke up this morning with a really sore throat so we spent most of the day at home watching the Nin.ja War.rior marathon. Caleb took a 3 hour nap (yay!) so we got to be lazy and do nothing. It was an uneventful day but it was great. We spent the day together as a family. What could be better?

Caleb is back to his normal self again! He still has a runny nose but he is acting like Caleb - not like the whiny, impossible-to-make-happy little boy that has been living in my house for the last few days. I love this kid so much.... If I ask him if he'll share his food with me he will usually give me a bite with no objection at all. But if it's something that he really likes (i.e., ice cream sandwich) he will shake his head and tell me "no" in the sweetest little voice. If I take a bite anyway (how mean, huh?) he will scream, throw his head back and stomp his feet. Can't say I blame him.... The cutest word that he says right now is "up". He says it with such a pronounced "P" and it so cute.... The way he says "wow!" makes me laugh because he says it with feeling! My mom bought him a set of books that are in the shape of cars and when he realized they were books he said "wow!" over and over like 15 times. So cute.
I am so blessed to be John's wife and Caleb's mommy. So, so very blessed.

1 comment:

Brixie said...

My goodness I'm behind on reading your blog! What a crazy week you guys had. So glad Caleb is feeling better and I hope Daddy feels better soon too. So hard when you can't do much of anything to make them feel better. Hang in there Bennett Men! At least they have the best Mommy/Wife taking care of them :)