Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 3, 2009

Phasing out Boom-Boom

We are slowly phasing out breastfeeding and we're down to just once a day now. It is always at night at around 8:00pm. I'm surprised that Caleb has done so well with cutting out our morning session. He doesn't ask for it at all during the day but every once in a while he nuzzles up to my boobs and seems to reminise about the days when he could have them whenever he wanted. My goal was to breastfeed for a year and we've made it to 13 months and counting. I'm fine with continuing to do it once a day for as long as he wants to, but I don't think that will be for too much longer. I think that he's only nursing for the comfort and closeness of it and not for the milk. My milk supply is practically nothing now. I'm sure that he's only getting a tiny sip of breast milk from me these days but even a sip is beneficial, I guess. I will be sad when he stops nursing completely but also a little relieved to have my boobs back. Caleb loves boom-boom. He does the "boom-boom dance" when I ask him if he wants it (he says "yeah, yeah" and bounces up and down). I've tried many times to get a good video of it but of course he does it better when I don't have the video camera on hand. Here is tonight's "dance"... I had to get it on the blog before we say goodbye to boom-boom forever.


3 comments:

Shan said...

he's so funny...he was playing perfectly fine until he heard those 2 magic words. :) haha.

ME Gregory said...

that is sweet :-)

Brixie said...

The future girlfriends are going to get a kick out of that video!! ;-)