Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fever and random thoughts

On Tuesday Caleb woke up from his nap with a fever of 102.2. He didn't have any symptoms of a cold so I figured it was an ear infection. I took him to the doctor yesterday and yep, I was right, it's another ear infection. So he's on another round of antibiotics... AGAIN. His doctor said she thinks this one will clear up faster than the last one. How she knows that, I have no clue. His fever has been a tough one to break. He has been consistently between 101-102.2 for two days. Sometimes the Ty.lenol will bring it down but sometimes it makes no difference at all. Anyway, he's taking a nap now and he didn't feel warm when I put him in his crib. Hopefully he's on the road to feeling better.

Ready for some randomness? Here goes... The weather here has been crazy lately. On Monday and Tuesday we had triple digit heat, yesterday was beautiful and today it's kind of cold! I'm not ready for the heat. I do not look forward to the days of 110* or higher. I'm kind of in a funk. I want to go on vacation somewhere. Too bad vacations cost mega moola, which we don't have. I feel like I never blog anymore and when I do I don't have much time so I get through it really quickly so it's super uninteresting. Caleb just woke up from his nap and he doesn't feel warm. Maybe the fever is finally gone. He doesn't like it when I'm on the computer so he bangs his little fingers on the keys. He discovered that he likes to shove his finger up his nose. He gave himself a bloody nose the other day. It really hurts when he shoves his finger up my nose. I don't like it. He likes to bark like a dog. He hears Lilo do it so much maybe he thinks he's a dog too. If you ask him "what does a dog say?" he will say "woof!" almost every time. He thinks it's super fun to jump on the couch and tries to get away with it all the time. He's going to fall off the couch one day and hit his head on the table and need stitches and I'm going to have a heart attack when that happens. I love him so much that I smother him in kisses every day. He likes it when I kiss him on the cheek really hard. Weird, like his dad. John likes that too. Weirdos. I love my weirdos. Okay, Caleb has had enough of my being on the computer so until next time, adios.

1 comment:

N7 said...

CALEB!!! What is up with these little ears??? Poor baby- I hope it passes fast and that he outgrows these stubborn infections!
I know the funk feeling...I am feeling it myself. I neglect my blog also but when I do come and write I feel so much better and seeing peoples comments do wonders so DON'T NEGLECT THIS BLOG KIM!!! :)
WHAT IS IT WITH THE FINGER JAMMED UP THE NOSTRIL???? Swim does that too and I just don't get it- I try not to make a big deal and grab his hand away but I"m like ew wtf????