Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bye-Bye Boom-Boom

Caleb said bye-bye to boom-boom. he fell asleep one night without asking for it and hasn't asked for it since so i guess he weaned himself. it was pretty easy. i didn't even have any discomfort so it's not like he was getting much anway. it's true what they say about breastfeeding burning calories. i've gained 6 pounds since we went from breastfeeding twice a day to now. my appetite is still huge and i want to eat everything in sight that's bad for me. forget salads. hah! i have no desire for a salad. oh well. i like chocolate chip cookies much better anyway.

so.... we've been "trying" for another baby since dec/jan. am i nuts for wanting to try again after all of the heartache and anguish from TTC last time? and let's not forget all of the drama during my pregnancy. and last but not least, Caleb's horrific birth? thank God I was knocked out because if I had been awake and known that my baby wasn't breathing I WOULD HAVE DIED RIGHT THERE. yet something tells me that next time things will be fine. God is in control, not me. i got my period today. i knew it was coming and i wasn't sad to see it but it still sucked. John worries about me getting sad again. i don't think i will get to that point again because i have Caleb now. how could i ever be sad when i get to be HIS mommy? yes, i would love to be pregnant again and i would love to have a brother or sister for Caleb but if it doesn't happen then that's the way it will have to be (yeah, that's what i say now, right?). one day we'll have another baby. one day.

3 comments:

Shan said...

ahhhhh...no more boom boom. it's nice that he kinda weaned himself, it probably made it easier on both of you. :)
don't worry, i know caleb will have a sibling one day.
love you guys~s

ME Gregory said...

yes it is sort of weird when 'boom boom' ends, my little one weaned herself and I had no problems with it, it just happened naturally. Totally get the trying again feelings too, we are and its disappointing when it doesn't work but nothing like before, it makes a big difference to me having one already. Hang in there and trust in the timing!

Brixie said...

Slow weaning is very nice! The loss in calorie burning sucks and continues to suck. I never got back down to what I was after I stopped breastfeeding BL. This time I will start reducing my calories as we're weaning... or, I'll just pump for the rest of my life :)