Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 23, 2009

Palm Springs and SNOW!

My Auntie Gladys (aka Auntie Lettuce) came out to visit for Caleb's birthday party and decided to stay for a few weeks to hang out with all of us. We've had so much fun having her around. Last Friday my dad, Auntie Lettuce, Caleb and I drove to Palm Springs and went up the aerial tramway to the top of the mountain. We were suprised to actually see snow! It was Caleb's first time being in snow and he wasn't exactly thrilled with it. He was definitely curious but then hated it when he slipped and his knee touched the ice. I don't blame him! Next time we take him to see snow I'm sure he will love it. Here are a few pictures from our trip... walking in snow for the first time...
I know it looks funny to see us wearing shorts in the snow but trust me, it really wasn't that cold! (I had jackets and long pants for him but he didn't need them)

Here's Caleb, Papa & Auntie Gladys going up the mountain in the aerial tram. It was so beautiful on the way up!

2 comments:

Brixie said...

We've been up there and it's awesome! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time!

N7 said...

I am dying at how cute he is- the pic of him standing on the tree stump with his lil shorts on is SOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!! And it is so weird to see you rocking tanks and shorts with snow! loL! We are nooooowhere near that here in NY and I am so jealous!You def look like you guys had a great time! What a big little boy he is becoming Kim....soooooooo cute!!!!