Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ears are normal

Yesterday Caleb had his appointment with the ENT doctor. Despite his chronic ear infections they said he is normal and is not a candidate for tubes. They gave him a hearing test and he was able to hear even the faintest of sounds. I'm glad he doesn't have to have surgery. However, if he is normal but is still tugging at his ears and fussing, at what point do I bring him in to see a doctor? The ENT said I should bring him in if he has a fever with (or after) a cold or has 2-3 days of being miserable. He said we should avoid Caleb's exposure to any respiratory viruses since they would trigger an ear infection. That's nearly impossible when you're dealing with kids and all of their runny noses. I can't put him in a bubble. But hopefully he will outgrow having ear infections all of the time. I wish I had one of those ear scope things so I could check it out myself and have peace of mind. I don't want him to have to wait through 2-3 days of being miserable until he can go to a doctor. . . . . . . pffft.

p.s. Happy belated St. Patty's Day! It's official... Caleb loves corned beef and cabbage!!! yay :)

1 comment:

Brixie said...

I think you can buy one of those if you really want to. I've seen them in my One Step Ahead cataloges.

Glad you don't have to have any procedures Caleb! Hugs and kisses!