Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 10, 2009

Friends and a Fever

Today Caleb and I went to visit my friends Chrissy (who is having twins - boy & girl), my friend Steph and her 3 kids (2 of which are boy & girl twins), and Jamie and her 3 kids. It was a lot of fun seeing them and I wish we were able to get together more often. Caleb had a fun time too!

He started feeling a little warm but i thought it was because he was running around playing but he felt hot when we got to my mom's house (had plans to have dinner over there tonight). He was running a 101* fever so I gave him tylenol and we went home. He conked out for a couple hours, woke up to have a couple bites of food and read a few books, and then wanted to go back to sleep. His fever was up to 102* so he got more tylenol and now he's snuggled up with his daddy in bed. I hope he feels better soon and that this fever doesn't mean another ear infection.

Speaking of ear infections... I cancelled his surgery for tubes. Well, it would have been cancelled/postponed anyway because the day of his "wellness" checkup, he woke up with a slight cough. The doctor emphasized to me that when he has his surgery he must be 100% healthy meaning no cough, no runny nose, no sneezing, etc. So anyway, even if I hadn't cancelled it, it would have been put off for a while. My reasoning for cancelling it was because the last time he had a really bad runny nose he didn't get an ear infection so I thought that maybe he might have outgrown his tendency to getting them. Plus, we are going to be switching our health insurance soon since John got a new job and I want to make sure that if and when he has the surgery, that he stays with the same doctor for all of his follow-up care. So that's that. We'l ljust have to wait and see now.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

so glad to see you guys....