Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 12, 2008

First Aid / CPR

today john and i (and caleb too) went to a first aid/CPR class. it was jam-packed full of useful information and instruction. we learned how to administer CPR to infants, children and adults. just knowing HOW to do it properly makes me feel so much better although i hope i never HAVE to do it to my child, husband or any family members. but, just in case anyone needs to have it done to them, i know what to do to help. we learned what to do in a choking situation, how to administer first aid for burns, lacerations, puncture wounds, etc., etc., etc.... tons of information.

if and when a situation ever arises that i need to use the skills i learned today, i will probably freak out and forget half of what i learned. BUT, i hope to remember enough to help the victim and help save his/her life. especially if that victim is my son or my husband. i think every parent should take a class like the one john and i took today. things can happen in an instant. you can never be too prepared. i pray daily for my family's health, safety and protection.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Good for you! I am glad that it made you feel more confident.

I have to be certified for school, but I tell the kids every year that I know it but DO NOT want to ever have to do it on any of them! Did they give you a cheat sheet guide? If they did, put it somewhere where you'll know exactly where it is. That way, if you freeze up, you'll have somewhere to go for the "how to" refresher. (mine is in my purse)

But then again, I hope you never have to use what you learned on anyone!

Brixie said...

That's great! I hope you never have to use it. We had to use it on BL twice because she was always choking on her food (applesauce of all things!)

After I got certified I asked the SS mama's if they would like to get certified too. In 2 weeks we're hosting a class by the instr that taught mine for 10 of our SS moms and dads! It's great to spread the knowledge!