Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, June 23, 2008

I quit my job

i quit my job today... am i crazy?? i... quit... my... job..!! i've always wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom but i didn't know if it could really happen. part of me thinks i am crazy for giving up that sense of security -- and that paycheck (not that i made a ton of money, but you know what i mean)! i worked for a really good company. my boss was so supportive during all of my infertility treatments by allowing me to adjust my schedule in order to make all of my doctor's appointments. i appreciate it so much.

the other part of me thinks that i would be crazy for leaving caleb to go to work. he changes every day and i don't want to miss a thing. i know moms do it every day and that it is hard on them too, but literally, i was crying every time i even THOUGHT about leaving caleb to go back to work. john has been incredibly supportive of my decision to stay at home. we are going to be so broke... but that's a small sacrifice to make to be able to be with my baby every day.

so... that's it. we are a one-income family now. i feel bad for putting all of the financial responsibility on john's shoulders but he is 100% okay with my decision to stay home. we're going to have to pinch pennies where we can and adjust our spending habits to make this work. i know we're doing the right thing for our family and that God will take care of us.

although i am so happy that i will be staying at home with caleb, i am very sad to leave the great group of friends that i have made at work. i have plans to visit them for lunches/dinners so we can continue seeing eachother and maintaining our friendships.
to stacy, kelly, ileana, miss debbie, robin, lorri, del, JQ, and everyone else.... I WILL MISS YOU! LET'S KEEP IN TOUCH!

...oh my gosh... i quit my job... it still doesn't seem real.

7 comments:

Shan said...

you've made a great decision that you'll never regret (but you already know that). ;)

Brixie said...

YAY!!! Thank you John!

Kristin said...

Welcome to the SAHM club! :) You will never regret making the sacrifices necessary to stay at home and watch your kid(s) grow. You can never get those moments back once they are gone and indeed they go by so quickly! Especially here in So Cal, a one income family is no easy feat, but I assure you, it is WELL worth it! Yay for you!!

N7 said...

OMG YOU QUIT YOUR JOB THAT IS SO AWESOMEEEEEEEE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! (quit mine for me too please)
:)

Stephanie said...

You didnt really quit your job you just exchanged it for a new one.
BTW Im on vacation so I would like to meet this cutie of yours. Let me know what days are good for you.
Steph

Kelly said...

Congratulations! It isn't easy going to one income, but it is well worth it to soak up every minute of watching them grow and learn everyday. Being a SAHM can be challenging, but I know you will shine! :)

me said...

Kim! I recently found Brixie on facebook, and when I clicked on one of her links there was your blog! CONGRATULATIONS to you on your baby - and kudos to you for wanting to be a full-time mom. They grow so quickly...I don't think anyone ever looks back and said "I wish I would've worked full-time instead of staying with my kids", but instead the opposite (going back to work when you have a young baby) is likely to cause regrets and doubts later. Parenthood is never easy, but you can give yourself a pat on the back knowing you're making the best decision.
~Pamela Marsh
(Cal Poly Pomona)
P.S. Moms work hardest of all! What you lose in $$ is made up for in hugs. :)