Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 4, 2009

10 months old!

Caleb loves the new chair he got for Christmas. Thanks, Papa-Nema!

Caleb turned 10 months old on new year's day! Here he is on the stairs at the top of Mt. Rubidoux on his 10 month birthday. He is getting so big and is into everything! Just when I think my house couldn't be more baby proofed, he proves me wrong! I have to be on top of my game at all times with this little guy. I know I'll be really in for it when he starts walking. He's already so FAST and he's only crawling! The other day he pushed his toy train to the edge of the couch and used it to climb up ONTO the couch! One day he's going to crack his head open and that thought scares me to death.... He's been saying "mama" and "dada" for a while (just babbling and stuff) but I think he's now saying it appropriately to me and John! I LOVE IT!! He will usually say MAMA when he's sad or wants me to hold him and he'll say DADA when he sees John or hears him on the speakerphone. I tell ya, all this baby has to do is look at me and say "mama" and my heart is melted in a pool on the floor.... He's also waving hello (but only when he wants to) and he cruises around the furniture all the time.... He pretty much hates baby food now (except for baby oatmeal which he LOVES) and he only wants table food. This is a bit of a challenge because I am definitely not a cook and to try and think ahead and PLAN inexpensive, healthy meals is not easy for me. He'll let me feed him his oatmeal but after that he refuses to let me feed him and wants to do it all by himself. Can you say independent? Uh, yeah.....
Anyway, for the past few days Caleb has had a really bad cold. Two nights ago we had to take him to urgent care because his fever all of a sudden went to 101.4. Turns out that he has an ear infection in his right ear. He's on antibiotics and Ty.len.ol for the pain and to keep his fever down. He's feeling much better now but he was not a happy camper. This was the worst he has ever felt, even worse than when he had the stomach flu. He slept with us the last couple of nights but tonight he's back in his crib. The humidifier is on and I'm hoping it's going to do the job to help my baby with his congestion. Well, it's time to give him his medicine so I gotta go now but I'll be back soon with more Caleb updates. :)
HAPPY (belated) 10 MONTH BIRTHDAY, CALEB! I LOVE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy 10 months Caleb! I can't believe how big he is getting.

I know this sounds crazy, but when we are congested we put Vicks on the bottom of our feet with a pair of socks. It seems to help. I hope he feels better soon!

Kelly said...

...only at night though

Shan said...

happy 10 months beautiful baby boy! :) i can't believe how fast you're growing up...we love you little caleb. feel better soon.

Brixie said...

Hope you feel better soon kiddo. There are many couches to be mounted and drawers to be pulled!